The human eye can distinguish about 7 million different colors. How to find the right color scheme for your home?
The goal of any interior design coloring project is to create a layered appearance that gives a feeling of harmony, completeness and personality to a room. To create a successful room, it's important to understand how colors work together and what colors make you and your customers feel.
The color management includes 8 components:
1. Apply the Classic Interior Design color palette.
Each designer learns the classic rule of applying a color palette 60-30-10: 60%: your main color, 30%: a secondary color and 10%: an accent color . Choose your favorite color to be the main color, secondary or accent.
2. Use the accessories for color enhancement. This tip saves you time, saves you money and offers unlimited variety. The accessories are easy to change, allowing to get an instantly updated look throughout the seasons.
3. Match the color values. Pay attention to the relative brightness and darkness (color value) of the colors in your palette. Stick to similar color values, if you have three colors.
4. Match the colors to the objectives of the room. First, ask yourself what kind of feeling do I want to create? Then choose your color values in line with the objectives of the piece. Values determine moods. Neutrals create a quiet elegance. Pastels are peaceful and relaxed. Vibrant colors give energy and spice to another wise and dull space. Make your choice, which means: choose a mood; do not combine them in a room.
5. Create a unique color. If you are so obsessed with a color and want a piece of a single color, you can. You'll get a great layered look by varying the intensity of the color in your monochromatic color scheme.
6. Combine opposites. The opposite colors go well together. One color may be the dominant color, the other the secondary color or the color of accent. In your planning, try what suits you: mix and match until you get the desired result, then apply your color formula to your room.
7. Choose Calm Color Analogies. Create a similar color gamut by adding the two colors adjacent to your favorite color on the color wheel. This usually gives a calming effect.
8. Include B / W. Do not forget to include a black and white tat. Just as you would in a painting to bring out your colors, include black and white in the set of colors.
Where to start
Nature is a good source of choice of colors and combinations. The same goes for the successful works that you like and already have. Look for ideas elsewhere too. You can also check out the latest designer magazine to find out which colors are fashionable and for unique ideas. Experiment in your plans.
If you are planning a major renovation of your room, plan your colors first on paper. Create samples and paste them on a board so you can see what your finished piece will look like. Then, when you have applied these 8 color rules to your existing paper decor and found a brilliant color scheme that will work by experimenting on paper, apply it to the piece itself.
You may not need a complete color review. Even if you only make a change, it can already be a miracle for your audience. Good luck with the design.